Sunday, February 09, 2014

Welcome to my world...

c2006LindaDellaDonna
Welcome to My World



If you are reading this, then something terrible has happened. First, my sincerest condolences. Please know that I wish you well. I cry not for you but with you, because I am a widow, too.

There are things every new widow needs to know. And just as a businessman carries a briefcase filled with important papers and files, a new widow needs a special case--a griefcase--a safe place to store her important information--the stuff that will guide her as she processes her grief.

That said, I would like to tell you that things will get better. But they won't. Let's face it, better would be to hear the front door swing open and those hungry words, "Honey, I'm home! What's for dinner?"

Your life is forever changed now, and things will never get better. The best I can offer is a different word. Because that's exactly what your life is now.

It's different.

9 comments:

  1. Griefcase, interesting twist of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Linda. We're in the peanut gallery to cheer you on as you reach out with your compassionate heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cathy. For everything.
    Hugs and congrats on your new job!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started a blog, needing to speak my unspeakable truths and hoping to find help among the rest of the bloggers. But I see there will be no help. We are all alone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Survivor, I hope the years have been kind. Help comes from within. And blossoms. Into the best we can be.
      Sending all best wishes for what I lovingly refer to as mourning joy.

      xxoo:)L

      Delete
  5. Linda, I pray you will some day, come somewhere here in Central Illin ois, for a book signing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,
      Me, too. Since fulfilling my promise to write A Gift of Love, I have learned all things are possible.
      Stay safe, keep cute, be well. See you in print,
      xxoo:)L

      Delete
  6. I just loss my husband on January 28 2014. On a snow day. And it only been two weeks it snowing again. I feel so alone. What to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,
      Contact me. I am on facebook. Look for Linda Della Donna (Linda Sclier).

      Go to my fanpage. (see tab above)

      My email is

      griefcase net (all one word)
      use the at sign,
      type the word, gmail
      then type the period for a dot,
      then type com

      *sorry for the code, but it is something i must do to prevent spam*

      Delete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.