Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mourning Joy


Good Mourning Widows!

Joy to you and me!

Today's Mourning quote is from Mitch Albom, author of "The Five People You Meet in Heaven." Mitch writes:

"No life is a waste. The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone."

And from the loving hospice nurse, Karen Doty, who guided me when I needed it most:

"We all have to go down that path, but who is beside us is what matters the most. It makes life important."

Let's pick up a pen and write the words, we're not alone, then go from there. Write our inner most thoughts, the thing that kept us awake last night. Set the clock. Do it. Go!

Today's Mourning Joy:

Q: What do you get when you cross a parrot with a tiger?

A: I don't know. But when it talks you better listen carefully!

Thanks to Soccer.

Now it's time for me to head out the door. The skies are cloudy all day, and it's raining. Not a problem. I carry sun-in-a-pocket wherever I go.

Sending some rays your way,

L:)

1 comment:

  1. Just finished reading "The Five People you meet in Heaven" yesterday, and I think you have picked a very nice quote. I myself tired to commit suicide back in the September last year because I felt like my parent ( I was raised in a single family) did not care me anymore. After going to the psycharist, I realised that I have so many supportive friends whom walks with me along in my life. I finally know that I was and never will be living alone.

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.