Monday, August 28, 2006

Mourning Joy

Good Mourning Widows! Joy to you and me.

Today's quote comes from Jackie Kennedy. You remember Jackie? She's the famous widow to John Kennedy, our 35th President. She was the epitome of style, elegance, grace. She was also a very private person, which made researching a quote for her difficult.

Years ago I looked to Jackie as my role model - I liked the way she dressed. I emulated her fashion style - I wore a pill box hat. Today I look to her as my role model for a different reason - I liked the way she carried herself in the face of tragedy. Huh. Who'd a thunk it could happen to me.

Anyway, Jackie once said,

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is best of all."

My child is grown. He married and moved away. Except for my small dog, Izzy, and his little cat, Tux, I live alone. Today I plan a visit with the child in me. I'll read a book. Perhaps, I may write one. Why not join me. Read something. Write something. Can't write? Draw something. Can't do that? Aw, c'mon. Scribble!

Let your pen rrrrrrrrrrrrip across the page!



Today's Mourning Joy!

Q: What month has 28 days?









A: All of them.

Submitted by Shannon Horn.


Have a JOYful day!
L:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.