Saturday, September 09, 2006

Mourning Joy - Saturday




Today we honor Mary Todd Lincoln, famous widow to President Abraham Lincoln.

"One by one, I have consigned, to their resting place my idolized ones, and now, in this world there is nothing left for me but the deepest anguish and desolation."

One day Mary visited photographer William Mumler. Recognizing Mary's deep grief over the loss of her husband, he came up with an unusual idea and superimposed an image of Abe in the background with his hands on Mary's shoulders. It was Mary's favorite photograph. And it brought her comfort, as she believed Abe was watching over her.

Good Mourning Widows.

After we remember Him, let's believe as Mary did--That He is watching over me.

The skies are blue and bright in New York today. From my window I see one crimson geranium--The one I planted in the beginning of summer. How tall it's grown. How bright it's petals. A sign that life is joyful. Where's my journal? Think I'll write about it.

And today's Mourning Joy:

Q: What shoes should you wear when your basement floods?

A: Pumps!

justriddlesandmore.com

Wishing you a Joyful day.

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.