Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mourning Joy - Saturday


"The military owes you, Gus, but they owe me, too." Betty Grissom

Today we honor famous widow, Betty Grissom.

On January 27, 1967, Betty was thrust into the Widow's Hall of Fame, the club nobody wants to be a member of, after her husband, Astronaut Virgil "Gus" Grissom, Apollo I crewmate, died in a flash fire. Betty and Gus were high school sweethearts and married one year after graduation.

Good Mourning, Widows.

Joy to you and me!

There is rain here in New York -- Chilly, icy, cold-to-the-bone rain. The sky is gray -- Colors of pewter, silver, mica, and iron ore. Thoughts of Him fill my brain.

It is 838 days since Edward Louis Sclier died.

Not a day goes by I don't remember Him. Or pray to Him. Today I pick up my pen and write a letter to Him. There is so much I want to tell Him.

Today's Mourning Joy:

Q: How does a king open a door?

A: With a monarch-y

justriddlesandmore.com

Have a joyful day! And remember. We're not alone!

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.