Sunday, September 03, 2006

Mourning Joy




He said, I have to leave.

I said, I know.

He said, Leave with me.

I said, I can't. But find a little house with a little yard, a place for the dog and the cat. Make a little garden. Put on a pot of water. Make a cup of tea. Wait for me. I love you.

I love you, too.

It is 844 days since Edward Louis Sclier died. I did the math. It feels like more.

How many widows get to say goodbye?

Today I am filled with mourning joy at my good fortune.

What's your mourning joy? Why not write it?

Today I quote Edward Louis Sclier:

"What a kicker. We don't have a choice."

What choices do we have? This moment, this minute?

More Mourning Joy:

Q: What grows down when it grows up?

A: A goose.

Submitted by Ian Salitrynski

Good Mourning Widows! Have a JOYful day!

And remember: We're not alone!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Ed with us, Linda. It's nice to put a face to the things we've heard about him.
    You are doing a terrific job (and a great service to many people) with your blog. Keep on keeping on!
    Janet Elaine Smith

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.