Friday, September 08, 2006

Mourning Joy

Good Mourning Widows!

Joy to the World.

The sun came out in New York yesterday. Lucky me, I got to go to the beach--The one named after a loaf of bread. I got to sit in a plastic webbed chair--The one that used to belong to Him. Interesting what a seat by the sea does for my muse.

Today is another bright day. I'm off to another favorite place--The Big Apple, Grand Central, Lexington Ave. Subway. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Lucky me. I'm on the set of Law & Order. And, I get to write about it.

That's my Mourning Joy. What's yours? Why not write about it? Beginning now, keep a journal. List one thing that brings you joy. Do it tomorrow. Do it the next day. Do it the day after that. Do it.

Today's Mourning quote comes from Judy Blume, author of "Double Fudge."

"...And sometimes you've got to do what's really important to you, even if it's not practical."

Look close at the above photo. Notice it's a picture of the ceiling in Grand Central Station. I had to lie down on the floor and hold my camera face up to take it. People around me were rushing, crushing, running, and scurrying to get places...I was afraid I'd get stepped on. But, guess what? Didn't happen. Everyone just stepped aside, instead.

Yup, Judy Blume, you're right.

More Mourning Joy:

Q: How does a rabbit travel?






A: By hareplane!

compliments of justriddlesandmore.com




Okay, Widows, it's time for me to catch a train. I wish you well. Have a joyful day.

And remember, we're not alone!

:)L

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful picture. I'd never be able to take it; my old knees don't get up from positions like that very well any more. I'm glad yours work.
    And yes, Ivan would be extremely jealous of your being on the set of Law & Order. He watches it nightly--and daily--and on and on. I don't watch it, but I could probably recite a lot of them from memory! LOL!
    Make it a great day, lady. You're already a great lady today.
    Janet Elaine Smith, author
    www.janetelainesmith.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I looked at Walter through new eyes. I love him even if he doesn't have a webbed chair. We have agreed to create the very best memories we can for each other. Linda, you make that mandate a joy.

    Molly Swoboda
    www.whattawoman.com

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.