Friday, September 22, 2006

Mourning Joy

"A friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
Walter Winchell
Good Mourning Widows!
Joy to you and me.
It is a new day in New York, 20 miles north of where The World Trade Center used to be.
Marigolds, geraniums, and vinca vines bristle in a breeze outside my office window. If I crane my neck to the left and tilt my head back, my eyes can see the dot of an airplane in the distant turquoise sky. The air is crisp as a cracker and I am filled with mourning joy.
Today we honor famous widow, Dana Reeves, wife of Christopher.
Dana was an actress. After Christopher was paralyzed, as a result of a horseback riding accident, she became an advocate for the disabled. Among Dana's winning attributes was her smile.
After we remember Him, let's show our teeth -- And smile.
How does it feel? Can you describe it? Look in a mirror. What do you see?
Now pick up a pen -- And write.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Mourning Joy:
Q: What driver doesn't have a license?
A: A screwdriver.
Have a joyful day! And remember, we're not alone.
L:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.