Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mourning Joy



Good Mourning Widows.

Joy to you and me!

Today we honor and remember Leah Rabin.

Mrs. Rabin was famous widow to Prime Minister of Israel Yitzhak Rabin who was assassinated November 4, 1995. Despite her husband's violent death, Mrs. Rabin campaigned internationally and became an outspoken advocate of peace. She once received Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat in her home and later told a German newspaper he was "part of my family."

I look around, I see my dog and his cat. I look into my computer screen. I see You.

Who makes up your family?

Why not pick up a pen and write about it. Make a list. Go ahead. I dare you. Include my name, please.

Today's Mourning Joy:

Q: What did the beach say when the tide came in?

A: Long time no sea.

justriddlesandmore.com

It is raining here in New York. The sky is gray as an elephant's ear. Out my office window a crimson geranium glistens in raindrops, thoughts of RM, my new friend, fill my brain, and as I sit and remember Him and the beautiful way he loved me back, I realize how far I've traveled...and how far I've yet to go.

Here's to a joyful day. And remember, we're not alone!

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.