Monday, October 02, 2006

Believe...



Edward was Jewish. I was not. We spent our entire married lives together respecting each others religious beliefs, honoring Jewish and Christian holidays. I once commented to a friend, "I taught Ed Christmas and he taught me lovingkindness."

Today is Yom Kippur. In keeping a tradition I'd shared with Edward the twenty years we were together, I put aside work responsibilities and took time for prayer. Somehow I think Ed would approve.

The turquoise sky was cloudless and a soft summer breeze ruffled my hair as I mounted steps to Beth Emeth Synagogue in Larchmont. As I read from a bible the color of coal, atoned for my sins, sheesh do I got sins, I remembered my beloved Edward, the love we shared, and the blessed memories he left me.

Bless you, Edward Sclier, wherever you are.

L:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.