Monday, October 02, 2006

Mourning Joy



"Yes, I am a free lover! I have an unalienable, consititutional, and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can, to change that love every day if I please! And with the right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere."

Good Mourning Widows!

Joy to you and me.

Welcome famous widow, Victoria Claflin Woodhull Blood Martin, to the club nobody wants to join.

Upon the death of her husband, John Biddulph Martin, in 1883, this before-her-time obscure widow started a newspaper, the "Humanitarian Newspaper," and worked to help women help themselves, renting small shares of farmland to women so they could learn farming techniques. One gutsy woman, she was the first woman in the history of the United States to run for President.

Yes!

Today, after we remember Him, let's think about our own unalienable rights.

Then Pick up a pen. And write.

Go ahead. I dare you.

Mourning Joy:

Q: What fish is the brightest?

A: The sunfish.

Have a joyful day. And remember, we're not alone.

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.