Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Mourning Joy



Good Mourning Widows!

Joy to you and me.

"This is the greatest country under the sun. But we must not let our love of country, our patriotic loyalty cause us to abate one whit in our protest against wrong and injustice. We should protect until the American sense of justice is so aroused that such affairs as the East St. Louis riot be forever impossible."

Meet Madam C. J. Walker. The daughter of a former slave, this gutsy woman grew from uneducated cotton picker to the most successful, self-made business woman of the twentieth century.

Walker was married to Moses McWilliams. When asked the secret of her success, Walker responded, "...if I have accomplished anything in life it is because I have been willing to work hard."

Welcome Madam C. J. Walker to our joyful club!

The sun is out in New York this bright Tuesday morning. Weatherman predicts temperatures of 77 degrees, clouds and possible rain. Guess I'll pack an umbrella as I head out the door to the day job. But not until after I remember Him, and jot a few notes in my journal. Care to join me?

Go ahead. Write something.

I dare you.

Mourning Joy:

Q: What happens to the duck who files upside down?

A: He quacks up.

justriddlesandmore

Have a joyful day. And remember--we're not alone.

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.