Monday, October 09, 2006

Mourning Joy


Good Mourning Widows!

Joy to you and me.

"She's one of the best actresses ever, if not the best. And she's stunning, and she's classy, and she's a broad, and really disciplined and open, and I'm really glad I got to meet her and work with her. I think it's been a really big influence on me in ways I don't even know, yet."
--Marisa Tomei
Welcome Gina Rowlands to our joyous club.
Gina, star of "Another Woman," "The Brink's Job," "Charms For The Easy Life," " A Child Is Waiting," and more, was wife of John Cassavetes, "The Father of American Independent Cinema." They married in 1958. Cassavetes died in 1989. After his death, Rowland went on a two year hiatus from films.
Imagine. It takes a widow to validate another widow.
Thank you, Gina Rowlands, wherever you are!
Gina now works with her director/son, Nick.
After we remember Him, take time to write.
Write about who or what influences you.
Pick up a pen. Write from your heart.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Mourning Joy:
Q: How do you fix a broken gorilla?
A: With a monkey wrench.
justriddlesandmore
"Don't regret what might have been. Accept what is and rejoice in what is yet to be."
--Beth Monde Conny
Have a joyful day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
Write from my heart,
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.