Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mourning Joy



"Your proposal is pleasing to me; indeed my husband cannot rise from the dead. But I desire to honor you tomorrow in the presence of my people."

Good Mourning Widows!

Joy to you and me.

Today we welcome famous widow Princess Olga of Kieve to our joyous club.

In the year 903, this lady became wife of Prince Igor I of Kieve. He was the son of Rurik and considered the founder of Russia. After his murder in 945, and before her conversion to Christianity, this gutsy woman revenged her husband's death by executing his killers and their followers. She was Vladimer I's grandmother.

After we remember Him, why not think about what sets your heart's desire on fire.

Why not write about it.

Don't hold back.

Just pick up a pen. And write.

Go ahead. I dare you.

Mourning Joy:

Q: Why are mosquitoes so annoying?

A: Because they get under our skin.

"Understand that you will always have one person upon whom you can depend -- Yourself."

--Sonya Friedman

Have a joyful day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.