Wednesday, October 11, 2006

There is always someone...

...for each of us, they say
and you'll be my someone
forever and a day

i could search the whole world over...

and i know i'll never find
another
you

The autumn leaves are falling...in Westchester, New York. A soft breeze plinks music on a windchime hanging outside my window. In my mind's eye memories of autumns past, happy times with Ed, loop my brain.

I remember spring, summer, winter, and more.

I remember...

...We married in Manhattan, at the United Nations non-denominational chapel. Edward wore a blue suit. I wore a lace dress, the color of champagne. Wisps of baby's breath haloed my head. I carried a bouquet of sonia roses ribboned in creamy satin. We wrote our vows, omitted words, Til death do us part.

I said, Too morbid.

He said, We'll be married forever.

Before a Unitarian minister, we spoke words quoting Camus. It was after the organist played, and the soloist sang, You Light Up My Life.

This is what we said:


Do not walk ahead of me
I may not follow
Do not walk behind me
I may not lead
Just walk beside me
And be my friend
Edward Louis Sclier, my best friend, you light up my life. I love you. Forever.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.