Tuesday, November 14, 2006



"People say to me all the time, 'Do you like Hawaii"' and I say, 'No, I love Hawaii!'"
--Jack Lord

Good Mourning Widows! Joy to you and me.

Today we honor Marie Lord. She was famous widow to famous actor Jack Lord of Hawaii-Five-O fame and became his widow in 1998. She lived until October 2005.
Marie Lord went on to perform charitable works in her late husband's name donating large sums of money to the theatre restoration project in downtown Hawaii. In her honor, the downtown marquee lights were dimmed after she died.

This famous widow studied fashion design and art in Paris and gave up her career in the fashion design industry when she met Jack Lord.


After we remember Him, finger hug your pen.

Think about what you gave up? What are you without today? What was your career?

Write it down. Be specific. Go for ten minutes. Do it.

I dare you.

More Mourning Joy:


Q: What kind of clothes do lawyers wear?

A: Lawsuits.


Have a joyous day Widows. And remember. We're not alone!

3 comments:

  1. Linda,

    Your growing list of widows for Mourning Joy continues to astound me. This really is a BIG club.

    I loved Jack Lord. From Stony Burke to Hawaii 5-0 he was one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing.

    Suzanne
    The Working Writer's Coach
    http://www.workingwriterscoach.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What important work you do....I LOVE your tagline. You shouldn't be so insecure about your writing....you are excellent.

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda,
    You do such important work, and I LOVE your tagline. You really have a gift for writing.....

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.