Monday, December 25, 2006

Mourning Joy



Good Mourning Widows!
Happy Holiday!
The sun is brightly shining here 20 miles north of where the World Trade Center used to be.
Izzy, and his little cat, Tux, snuggle JOY-fully in front of a cozy fireplace -- The one what's on Channel 12 -- The one nobody's got to get out of bed to poke at logs, or adjust a fireplace screen.
The one what plays music and fills my home with Mourning Joy.
Of course I miss Him.
Of course I'm wishing with all my heart He were here with me today.
Of course.
But...
I'm so greatful -- For what I have.
More Mourning Joy:
So you want to know what's that picture all about? The one what looks like I'm standing in a ditch.
Okay okay okay.
Well, the short woman what's dressed in the multi-colored poncho with microphone in her face -- Well, that's, yours truly.
And that other lady? The tall one. Well, that's another Linda. From Channel 5 News.
Imagine, Linda interviewed me!
It was one chilly night last week in White Plains -- 22 miles north of where the World Trade Center used to be.
Linda wanted to know what I thought about the loud holiday music playing outdoors in the courtyard outside all these apartment buildings where people live...
Outside all these retail stores where people drive from miles and miles to spend money and shop for Christmas presents.
Well, this Linda told that Linda, "It fills my senses."
Then I added with a mighty smile, "With JOY!"
Be well Widows! And remember, we're not alone.
And oh yeah, Merry Christmas Edward Louis Sclier wherever you are! I love you.
;)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.