Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mourning Joy



"I had some great things and I had some bad things. The best and the worst. In other words, I had a life." -- Richard Pryor

Good Morning Widows! Joy to you and me.

Welcome famous widow Jennifer Pryor wife of famous comedian Richard Pryor to our joyous club -- The club nobody wants to joy-n.

After the death of Richard, Jennifer gave a "send-off he would have wanted" -- A huge benefit memorial -- "We'll have some drinks and toast the man in charge."

After we remember Him, finger hug your pen.

Pick up that joy-nal.

Write.

Can you name some great things in your life? Can you name some bad things?

Can you make a list of ten best things; ten worst?

What about your life?

Go ahead.

I dare you.

More Mourning Joy:

Q: Why do elephants paint their toes red?

A: So they can hide in the strawberry patch.

And something from The Rule of Four, by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason -- What can I say. It struck a chord.

"Somewhere in the city of rebirth, Paul is lifting himself out of bed, staring out his window, and waiting. There are pigeons cooing, on rooftops, cathedral bells tolling from towers in the distance. We are sitting here, continents apart, the same we always did: at the edges of our mattresses, together. On the ceilings where I am going there will be saints and gods and flights of angels. Everywhere I walk there will be reminders of all that time can't touch. My heart is a bird in a cage, ruffling its wings with the ache of expectation. In Italy, the sun is rising."

I love writing this blog. Here's to you and me!

Have a joyful day Widows. And remember we're not alone.

:)Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.