Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ting Ting A Ling



Hi Widows,
How was your holiday?
After long days and endless nights preparing, I'm done decorating, undecorating, and ringing a little brass bell.
Oh yeah, Widows. Did I forget to mention I did the volunteer thing this year? Well I did.
I did it for The Salvation Army.
Wow!
Talk about filling a void, feeling good, and ringing in the New Year.
I'm so happy, I could jingle.
I don't have the exact tally, yet.
But I know that I raised a lot of money.
I filled 4 buckets with money I begged off strangers.
Imagine.
At the end of each day, my shoulders ached, my fingers numbed, and the lump in my throat was the size of a golf ball --
All from watching generous kind shopping strangers open their hearts and wallets.
I wish to mention super mom's and dad's -- Good parents who set a good example -- They guided tiny fingers clutching loose change and folded cash to push it through a small slot of a red plastic bucket.
Good job!
Christmas Eve morning found me at the local Salvation Army community center handing out presents to excited children. Thank you, Captain Noel Rodriguez! You'll never know how great my gratitude.
All I can say is it's a good thing I had my sunglasses on.
And God Bless everyone who stopped by D'Agostino's supermarket in Rye Brook, New York and gave wholeheartedly.
Be proud.
YOU did a good thing!
I'm here to tell you, it was for a worthy cause.
Remember, we're not alone.
Blessings:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.