Saturday, December 30, 2006

Welcome YOU


"I am half inclined to think we are all ghosts...It is not only what we have inherited from our fathers that exists again in us, but all sorts of old dead ideas and all kinds of old dead beliefs and things of that kind. They are not actually alive in us; but there they are dormant, all the same, and we can never be rid of them. Whenever I take up a newspaper and read it, I fancy I see ghosts creeping between the lines. There must be ghosts all over the world. They must be as countless as grains of the sands, it seems to me...
--Henrik Ibsen, Ibid. II
Good Mourning Widows! Joy to you and me

Today I honor YOU.

I Welcome YOU to our joy-ous club -- The club nobody wants to join.

The sun shines brightly here in New York, 20 miles north of where the World Trade Center used to be. There is a nip in the morning air that stings like a tongue on a popsicle.

Izzy snores round as a button on a sofa; Tux snuggles alongside.

A burning log crackles in the fireplace and warms the livingroom.

Smoke rises from a favorite ceramic mug brimming with black coffee.

Ahhhh, my mourning joy.

As 2006 comes to a close, please know I wish each and every one of YOU -- Happiness, Health, Courage, Strength, and an abundance of Mourning Joy in 2007.

I thank YOU for being part of my day, every day in 2006.

YOU helped make my 2006 brighter than ever imagined.

YOU gave me courage and strength.

YOU motivated me.

And I thank YOU.

May we never forget Him, and always remember, we're not alone.

Happy New Year.

And again, thank YOU for being there for ME.

:)Mrs. Edward Sclier
aka, Linda Della Donna


Mourning Joy:

Q: What do you do with a green elephant?

A: Wait until it ripens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.