Monday, January 29, 2007

Agnes Jackman (Mrs. James Jackman)

"My life is made easier because of the investments we made. Do I have to worry? No. ...I don't spend, but I can spend if I want. I'd like to see my family be comfortable."

--Agnes Jackman

Good Mourning Widows. Joy to you and me.

Today we welcome famous 1980 NY Million Dollar Lotto Winner widow Agnes Jackman wife of famous James Jackman to our JOY-ous club. That's right widows, the club no one wants to j0y-n.

Agnes's husband James died in 1998.

Agnes admits winning the guaranteed $1 million Lottery payout over 20 years was a life turning event. And she and her husband quickly went through half their winnings before slowing their new spending habits--And after they both quit their jobs.

Today Agnes lives in a 2-bedroom Cape Cod that formerly served as a minister's residence behind a local church. She hopes her savings will keep her there the rest of her life.

We do, too.

Mourning Joy:

Q: Why was the belt arrested?
A: For holding up the pants!

Mourning Quote:

"I don't think we ever feel like we're good enough. We don't feel like we're thin enough or pretty enough or smart enough or work hard enough. And we are good enough."

--Kirstie Alley (on Oprah)

After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen. Write something. Go ahead. I dare you.

Have a joy-filled day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.

:)L

1 comment:

  1. Having been a widow since 1981, I know the need for a griefcase, very well, indeed. I did NOT win a lottery, so I spent wisely and watched my money, always with an eye to how I could support myself in retirement. I had to deny myself alot of things friends continued to enjoy; but, now, I'm in my own home, living comfortably, and not worried about the next meal or enjoying life's pleasures.

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.