Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year, Izzy

Good Mourning Widows...


Yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life.

Hello Year 2007.

Imagine.

I'm wearing one black sock, one brown sock -- I just hate it when I make a mistake and mix the dark clothes with the whites -- And my favorite pair of black jeans, 20 years old and frayed at the knees. So now you know. I'm frugal. And I hate to part with things.

But always with the new year, comes a new beginning.

Something we widows must practice every day since He died.

This new year, I've decided, to sit down and write myself a letter -- It's time to ask myself the million dollar question -- Hey Linda, What do you want to do with the rest of your life?

I have no idea where my heart will lead me. It may mean I must part with a few of my favorite things. Perhaps my favorite socks. Perhaps my favorite jeans. Maybe a few of His favorite things. I mean how long do I keep size 34 Jockey underwear in my underwear drawer?

Am I ready?

Only I have the answer to that question.

How about you?

What changes are you ready to make in your new life this new year?

What task will you tackle?

Are you ready?

Only you hold the answer to that question.

Yup. It's a scarey thing.

And it's okay to feel overwhelmed, frightened. Give yourself permission to make a mistake or two. Hey, I mixed a black sock with white sheets. And, a cup of Clorox.

Just take your time. Think one baby step at a time. Think one inch closer to a new life.

Here's to 2007. Here's to YOU. Here's to ME. JOY!

And remember, we're not alone.

:)L

Oh yeah, and that picture? That's Izzy. He's my pal. My buddy. My bark friend. The bestest critter in the whole wide world. Izzy loves me unconditionally. He has nothing to do with this post. He has everything to do with this post.


Think about it. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.