Monday, January 22, 2007

JOY-nal January 22, 2007



"Real friends have no problem with silence."

--Jim Lehrer (b 1934) American writer

There is gray sky out my townhouse window this chilly morning 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be.

From what little I can see with my nose pressed to the glass and my neck craned to the west like some silly ostrich up for air, it looks like snow is headed this way.

Today is Monday.

And Monday is my favorite day of the week.

It marks a new beginning.

No matter the Sunday, Saturday, or Friday before, it's the promise of Monday that keeps me putting one bunny slippered foot in front of the other.

Yes, I spend my days, and my nights missing Him, the memories loop my brain in endless succession, and I have adapted -- To life with my small dog Izzy and his little cat, Tux.

They sleep beside me, one eye opened, watching and waiting for me to stir.

We're a scene right out of a yet to be made movie for t.v.

I stumble from bedroom to kitchen for morning juicy.

Izzy and Tux tag me down the stairs.

One gallopping like a horse just let out the gate at a raceway;

the other on tippy toed fog feet at the end of the line.

Though I miss Him more than a thousand adjectives, and am without, I discover I am not alone.

I delight in true Mourning Joy -- The unconditional love of man's best friend and his best friend.

What more could a girl ask for?

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.