Sunday, January 14, 2007

More Mourning Joy - January 14, 2007

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude."
--Amy Tan

Good Mourning Widows. Joy to you and me!

It is a gray gloomy day 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be. Rain drizzles the window outside my office. And I dream of sunshine, January's long gone, and of course, Him.

This photo is from another time, another place, another life. And was taken one January evening, around this time, the year 2003.

After a long hard day's work of selling rag dolls and teddy bears, Ed Sclier and I hustled out our hotel in Kowloon, into the busy streets of Hong Kong for a bite to eat.

Hong Kong is an island the size of Staten Island where 6 million people live. And this is Nathan road.

Timewise, Hong Kong is 13 hours ahead of New York (EST).

I remember eating dinner when it felt like I should be eating breakfast. I never knew what to order. Or what I wanted more -- A ham sandwich or a cheese omelette.

It didn't matter. I had Ed Sclier at my side. And noodle soup, dim sum, and pork rolls became our any-time favorite.

I wish it were then. I wish it were now. I wish it with all my heart.

Pnina is in a play today.

In a little while, I'm off to a matinee of Fiddler on the Roof.

That's My Mourning Joy Widows. What's yours?

Think of me. Because I think of you.

And always remember, we're not alone.

And oh yeah, a toast. Here's to You. And here's to Edward Sclier *raising coffee mug* Wherever you are!

:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.