Thursday, January 18, 2007

More Mourning Joy - January 18, 2007


"Listening requires the use of our hearts as well as our ears."
--Beth Mende Conny





"Be grateful for the things we have." -- Hillary Clinton




Good Mourning Widows.
Joy to you and me.
Meet George and his wife Colleen. They're my kids. And today *actually, every day* they bring me More Mourning Joy.
See those roses? There are 26 of them long-stemmed buds in that vase. Count 'em.
Anyway, they're Sophia Roses. And Sophia Roses are my very favorite flowers in the whole wide world.
They are a present. From George and Colleen. To me.
Because I'm so wonder-joy-ful! That's why, Silly!
Anyway, that's More Mourning Joy for me this bright chilly day 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be.
What's your's?
Have a JOY-filled day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Linda,

    What a cute couple! And what beautiful roses! Lucky you!

    Suzanne
    The Working Writer's Coach
    http://www.workingwriterscoach.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda:

    Thanks for sharing the pics of your family - and the roses.

    Kids really are great, aren't they? Even when they're exasperating, as kids sometimes are, I can't imagine life without their love and support - complications and all.

    Thanks again -

    tim

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.