Friday, January 26, 2007

My JOY-nal Entry - January 26, 2007


"You can't change that which you cannot accept."

Good Mourning Widows. Joy to you and me.

Today 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be I awakened to a blanket of snow the color of wool outside my window. Sometime during the night on little fog feet snow arrived.

As I sip my mourning coffee, vanilla bean, and type the sounds of shovels scraping neighborhood sidewalks and driveways fill the air.

I must remember to booty Izzy's paws before we go for our mourning walk. If I don't, he will lick his paws until he's sick to his stomach. And he'll also get cold feet.

It is 2 years, 7 months, 26 days since my life has changed forever. (But who's counting?)

And I remember Him.

And I honor Him.

This day I choose to honor YOU, and me, and our JOY-ous club.

And let you in on my secret.
May 1 is a very special day for me.

May 1, 1987 was the day I married Ed Sclier; May 1, 2004 was the day Ed Sclier died.
This May 1, I wish to make a different May 1.

I proclaim May 1, 2007, a national day of Mourning JOY -- for YOU and for me.

The one where we honor Him, remember Him, and celebrate YOU and me and our JOY-filled club. That's right Widows the club what nobody wants to joy-n.
So I'm inviting you to JOY-n with me on May 1, 2007 in JOY-ful celebration --

With a Walk

And a Wave

For Widows Only

That's it.

On May 1, 2007, wherever we are, whatever we're doing, we take time out and just take a walk.

Oh yeah, and wave *at someone, or something* --

Wave at Your neighbor, at Your best friend, at Your dog, at Your cat. Heck. Wave at the tree you hugged yesterday.

It's not important where you walk, or who or what you wave to or at.

What's important is that we commit to take a walk to honor Him and the club we are.

After that, let's gather 'round the computers, fingerhug our pens, and write.

We'll plan a joy-nal entry.
Whaddayasay? Is it a date?
Please don't tell me I gotta booty your paws. 'Cause no getting cold feet allowed.
There. My secret's out.
Have a joy-filled Widows. And remember, We're not alone.

:)L



No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.