Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Mourning Joy - January 17, 2007


"Our house, is a very, very, very fine house. With two cats in the yard, Life used to be so hard, Now everything is easy 'cause of you."
--Crosby Stills and Nash
Good Mourning Widows. Joy to you and me.
It is 19 degrees 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be today, feels more like 0 degrees with the wind chill factored in. But what's the use complaining. As my favorite comedienne, Gilda Radner, used to say, "Nevermind."
Here's a photo of what used to be our garage.
I was proud to be Mrs. Edward Sclier.
I was proud of the life we shared, the dog we raised from a pup, the music we held each other and danced to. Is it any wonder I snapped a photo of 2 cars in a garage?
Today I remember Ed Sclier and the good life we shared.
I've said it before, I'll say it again, I didn't have a good marriage, I had a great marriage, and best part, I knew it. Then.
Anyway, being a widow emboldens each one of us with the hard fact that life is change and nothing is forever; not 2 cats in the yard, not 2 cars in the garage, not 2 people in love.
Hard as it is, each one of us struggles with the arduous task of moving on. Like when? Including me.
My time is near.
But not until I fulfill one last promise. The one I made to Ed when we held each other one last time; when I promised to write His story.
So now YOU know. And YOU are the first to know. I'm headed to write my book, the one I promised my good buddy I would write and knew at the time I was feeling like a great big liar. It won't be easy. I admit, I'm scared.
But a promise is a promise and it's what I got to do.
After that? Not sure.
At any rate, I've confided in YOU about my plans, which means we have a contract. And I must be held accountable to that.
Here's to YOU wherever YOU are.
And here's to Edward Louis Sclier, I know where you are.
And most definitely, here's to my new writing journey, my memoir, Ed Edward Eddy!
Have a JOY-filled day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Linda,

    Okay. You've made the promise. Now we're here to hold you accountable.

    Ed would already be so proud of you though. Your blog touches so many people in one way or another.

    Suzanne Lieurance
    The Working Writer's Coach
    http://www.workingwriterscoach.com

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.