Sunday, January 07, 2007

My Mourning Joy - January 7, 2007


"Work like you don't need money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
And dance like no one's watching."
--Borrowed from a sign at MDS, Thornwood, NY
Good Mourning Widows. Joy to you and me!
Today is Sunday, January 8, 2007, the first day of the rest of my life.
What great change in my life will I brave today -- New dress? New dresser? New address?
For us widows, every day is a new day daring us to some new challenge.
Maybe I'll practice a new dance step.
Yes, ladies. I take dance lessons -- Ballroom dance lessons. Okay okay okay. Don't ask.
I'd like to write, Linda is light on her feet, graceful as a swan in ballet slippers. And boy. Can she dance!
Cough-cough.
That's what I'd like to write. But I don't write fiction. At least, not today.
Truth be known, I only stepped on my dance instructor twice. Oh yeah, and I poked him in his eye once.
But that was my first lesson.
And that's what I'm paying him for? Right?
No. Make that left -- My two left feet.
Sun's out here in New York, again, 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be.
Stores can't sell snow shovels,
snow plows,
snow sleds,
or anything else related to white stuff falling out the sky.
If we New Yorkers want to see snow, we got to turn on the news.
Nobody watches a weather report.
Like anybody cares to hear about an iceberg breaking apart on the North Pole.
We'd rather be outdoors -- Breathing in all that clean fresh air.
In my house, heat's off; windows are opened. Izzy chases a tennis ball; Tux pads the back yard.
Ahhhh, My Mourning Joy.
After we remember Him, don't forget to finger hug your pen.
Write something.
Maybe an email to me. I'd love to know how you're doing, what's your mourning joy?
Go ahead.
I dare you.
Have a joy-filled day, Widows.
Regards to Edward Sclier.
And always remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.