Monday, January 08, 2007

My Mourning Joy - January 8, 2007


Good Mourning Widows.
Joy to you and me!
Today is Monday, January 8, 2007.
Heat's on. Izzy's wearing his yellow sweater. Tux refuses to go out.
Bye-bye 72 degree weather.
Weatherman predicts temperature to drop. And rain.
Lots of rain.
I'd like to say sun is shining here 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be, but it's not.
Yesterday I received an email from my favorite nurse, Karen Doty.
Karen was my beloved Edward Sclier's nurse.
Anyway, Karen shared with me her Christmas present from her son -- A plaque inscribed with the words:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!" --Author Unknown
Thank you, Karen Doty, wherever you are. Thanks to you, my gray day is brighter and I am filled with mourning joy.
And thank you to your fine and thoughtful son.
Mourning Quote:
"We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.
--James Boswell (1740-1795) Scottish biographer
Have an abundant JOY-filled day Widows.
Remember, we're not alone.
And oh yeah, don't forget to write.
Fingerhug your pen. Go ahead. I dare you.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.