Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Welcome Altovise Gore (Mrs. Sammy Davis Jr.)











"My personal struggle was very hard but I think when he passed away I wanted to be with him there but then I realized that I had to survive and try to survive to keep his legacy going on."
--Altovese Gore Davis

Welcome famous widow Altovise Gore famous widow of famous entertainer Sammy Davis Jr. to our JOY-ful club.

That's right Widows. The club what no one wants to joy-n. The club what nobody will raise one pinky finger to volunteer for. Price of admission - ONE HUSBAND --YOURS! Sorry. No Refunds. No Returns. No Exchange. All Sales Final!

Sammy died in 1990.

Altovise met Sammy while a chorous line dancer. This widow woman has danced from London to Broadway and points in between. And she and Sammy were together 20 years.

Among other things, Altovise inherited Sammy's debts. To which there were many. Altovise was forced to sell precious memorabilia to survive.

Only another widow can empathize with this pain. Only another widow can wish there oughta be a law to protect a widow - For after He's gone - But there isn't and their ain't.

Some days I get to thinking there ought to be a National holiday honoring us Widows. Swear to G_d, I do.

Sammy used to sing, "I got to be me," and "Yes, I can!"

I think I like Altovise's man. I think I like his songs. A lot.

Mourning Joy:

Q: What do you call a funny book about eggs?

A: A yolk book!

Mourning Quote:

"God is really only another artist. He invited the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just keeps trying other things."
--Pablo Picasso

After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen.

Open that JOY-nal.

Write something.

Something about the artist. Something about the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. Something.

Go ahead.

I dare you.

Have a JOY-ful day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.

:)L

2 comments:

  1. You have created an amazing sense of connection for your readers.

    Keep up the great work and the great writing.

    truly,

    Sylvia C.
    www.dream-imagine-soar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy the little joke and your play on words, Linda!

    Yvonne Perry
    www.yvonneperry.net

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.