Sunday, January 14, 2007

Welcome Anne Spencer Morrow Lindbergh (Mrs. Charles Lindbergh)







"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea."
--CAL


Good Mourning Widows. Joy to you and me!

Today we honor famous widow Anne Spencer Morrow Lindbergh wife of famous aviator Charles Lindbergh to our joy-ful club.

That's right Widows. The club what nobody wants to joy-n. The club what nobody raises one hand to volunteer for. The club what costs one husband -- YOURS -- to JOY-n.

Sorry, no refunds. No returns.

Anne and Charles married in 1929.

Charles died in 1974 at age 74.

Anne died in 2001. But not until after she penned, "Listen! The Wind" and 11 other books.

Anne was an author and poet.

And also, the first licensed woman glider pilot in the United States.

While married to Charles, Anne served as his co-pilot, navigator, and radio pilot and accompanied him on many of his explorations.

Sounds like a great lady to me!

Mourning JOY:

Q: Can giraffes have babies?

A: No, they only have giraffes!

Mourning Quote:

"Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death."
--Author Unknown
After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen.
Open that JOY-nal.
Write something.
Go ahead.
I dare you!
Have a joy-filled day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

3 comments:

  1. Excellent....what a unique and wonderful writer you are.

    How do you keep up with who recently passed away for each tribute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about syndicating this idea into an advice column? or book?

    Always lurking to read your articles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To "Anonymous" I and II

    Thanks for writing. And for two thoughtful encouraging inspiring messages. Words do not adequately describe My Mourning Joy at reading your kind loving words. I hope you don't mind I use one note for two separate comments.

    Please know that I promised my husband, Edward Sclier, his name would live on after His death. I said, "I will let the whole world know your story."

    I write to fulfill my neverending promise to Edward Sclier. If in some small way my writing has helped you or brought you mourning joy, then I have fulfilled a dream. And I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

    And it shows to go 'ya, we're not alone.

    To Anonymous I and Anonymous II, I send one teddy bear sized cyber hug each.

    :)L

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.