Thursday, January 18, 2007

Welcome Mabel Hubbard (Mrs. Alexander Graham Bell)


"I thought I would always have him; ...the heart of everything has gone out of life forever; ...and it was terrible trying to live without him."
--Mabel Hubbard Bell
Good Mourning Widows.
Joy to you and me!
Today we honor famous widow Mabel Hubbard Bell wife of famous inventor Alexander Graham Bell to our JOY-ous club.
That's right Widows, the club nobody wants to JOY-n. Ever.
Mabel and Alexander married on July 11, 1877.
A deaf mute, Mabel's handicap spurred Alexander on to create a device that would allow him to communicate with her.
Mabel became a widow in 1923 at age 66. 5 months after Alexander's death, she got sick with pancreatic cancer and died.
"During WWI, Mabel sponsored benefits to raise money for the Red Cross. She also helped build life boats for the U. S. Navy and got women involved in her work."
Mourning Joy:
Q: What do you get when you saw a comedian in two?
A: A half-wit.
Mourning Quote:
"Strength through joy."
--Robert Ley
After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen.
Write something.
Just do it.
Go ahead.
I dare you!
Have an abundantly JOY-filled day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog...so unique and so needed.

    You have found your calling, I do believe.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think something we all have to come to grips with is that we can't wrap our whole being in another individual. There's no guarantee of being together forever, whether it's death or anything else.

    I think two individuals have to choose to walk the path together until something (such as death) forces them apart.

    It's so wonderful that you have this site to teach people that walking without the other person does not mean they walk alone.

    Devon
    Ink in My Coffe
    http://devonellington.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog it gives me info that a lot of other websites don't give me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and taking time to validate my work. All best wishes.
      Linda Della Donna

      Delete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.