Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Welcome Sophia Loren (Mrs. Carlo Ponti)



"I still like me, inside and out. Not in a vain way - I just feel good in my skin."
--Sophia Loren
Good Mourning Widows.
Joy to you and me!
Today we welcome famous actress widow Sophia Loren wife of famous Italian film director Carlo Ponti to our JOY-ous club.
That's right.
The club nobody wants to joy-n. The club what nobody wants to raise one pinky finger to joy-n. The club what costs one husband -- YOURS -- to joy-n.
Sorry. All Sales Final. No Returns. No Refunds.
Sophia Loren was born Sofia Scicolone in a Roman Charity ward and branded "illegitimate."
Her beauty is what raised her from poverty and cast her into wealth, fame, fortune, and international stardom.
Carlo Ponti was 94 years old. He died January 9, 2007. Sophia is left with their two sons, Edoardo and Carlo Jr. to help her through the grief process.
Mourning Joy:
Q: How do rabbits travel?
A: By hareplane!
Mourning Quote:
"In the midst of summer, I finally realized that deep within me there lay an invincible summer."
--Camus
After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen.
Write about the midst of summer, the deep within you, the rabbits that travel by hareplane.
Write something. Anything.
Go ahead.
I dare you.
Have a joy-filled day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L
Note to Sophia Loren, Edoardo, and Carlo Jr. - Please know that you are in our hearts and prayers and we wish you Mourning Joy all the days of your lives.

3 comments:

  1. Shalom, Linda
    You left a kind comment on my new blog (handoverheart.blogspot) and I "followed" you here.
    I am inspired by your strength - your capacity to turn mourning into morning and a journal of grief in a joynal. May you be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thinking of them with best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Gosh. I didn't know Sophia's husband had died. They always seemed to have such an odd but meaningful relationship - sort of a "beauty and beast" kind of thing - not that he's really beastly, but he was short, bald, and not a leading man type which you'd think she would have been attracted to.

    Thanks, Linda. I always love reading your blog.

    Suzanne Lieurance
    The Working Writer's Coach
    http://www.workingwriterscoach.com

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.