Saturday, February 24, 2007

About Rookie Patrolman Tyron Franklin



"My son always wanted to be a policeman. He was very proud of his job. There was nothing he wanted to do more." -- Rookie Patrolman Tyron Franklin's Dad


Good Mourning Widows. Joy to you and me!

Not long ago I wrote about and honored Rookie Patrolman Tyron Franklin and referred to a woman I thought was Patrolman Franklin's wife, as "widow."

Mea culpa.

I made a mistake, as one anonymous reader lovingly pointed out to me in a recent comment.

After careful research I learned Franklin was not married. Patrolman Franklin did not leave a wife. He left a girlfriend.

So I stand here before you *in print* my hat in my hands, my eyes looking straight into your eyes with the following message, "Please accept my sincerest apologies. I sincerely meant no harm."

For the record: Franklin was not killed in the line of duty. Franklin was not married. He had a girlfriend.

Must one wear a band of gold to feel a widow's pain?

Patrolman Franklin was 23 years old.

He leaves behind a girlfriend and 16 month young son.

What more can I say?

Mourning Joy:

Q: What did King Kong say when he dialed the wrong number?

A: King Kong ring wrong.

Mourning Quote:

"Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave
Gentle they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned." --Edna Vincent Millay, "Dirge Without Music"


After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen.

Write something.

Just do it.

I dare you.

Have a joy-filled day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.

:)L

One more thing. I have a new ezinearticle published recently at http://ezinearticles.com/?For-Widows-Only---What-We-Try/What-We-Dont-Try&id=458394 *yes, I know the tag line is long*

I hope you'll give a click and read it.

It kinda says it all about how I feel.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone handles them so well.

    And I greatly appreciate the last part of this entry. Love and grief don't require a piece of paper or ceremony to make them legitimate. I know--I've been there.

    Thanks for posting, and thanks for sharing your wonderful words of wisdom and support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm touched by what you wrote regarding having a band of gold. No matter whether the woman who loved him was his wife or girlfriend, her grief is just as real.

    Thank you, Linda. For all you do to help those who grieve.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.