Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hospice Nurse Karen Doty - Mourning Joy - February 27, 2007

Dear Widows,

Wish I had a picture.

A picture of Hospice nurse, Karen Doty.

Karen was "second wife" to Edward Sclier when He was sick. She was there for Ed. She was there for me.

I will always remember Karen Doty, the tender care she gave Ed, the support she gave me.

Today we meet again.

I musn't tarry. I can't hardly wait. I must get ready.

I leave you with a quote lovingly taken from the card Karen sent me shortly after Ed's death. It worked for me then, it works for me still.

"I often find myself wondering how you're doing and hoping, as the days go by, that comforting memories are warming your heart and easing the sadness. I hope that just knowing others haven't forgotten you helps bring comfort, too, because so many caring thoughts are still with you every day." --Catherine Slater

From the bottom of my healing heart, "Thank you, Karen Doty. I can't wait to see you, again."

Have a great day, Widows. And remember, we're not alone.

")

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.