Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Mourning Joy - January 11, 2007


Good Mourning Widows.
Joy to you and me.
Brrrr! It's a cold crisp cloudless day 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be.
Temperature is 19 degrees. That's without the wind chill factored in.
I just kicked the heat up a notch.
Got a pot of coffee brewing in the kitchen.
Got Izzy and Tux, my 2 fur coats, snoozing round as 2 fur buttons, warming my 2 cold feet.
And I type.
And, I remember Him.
For some reason the memory of cinnamon toast floods my brain this chilly morning.
He made the best cinnamon raisin toast. He liked to sprinkle it with His own homemade recipe, mixing just the proper amount of white sugar and brown powder. And He liked to serve it to me in bed .
On our day's off He'd often say, "Don't get up, Linda. I'll walk Izzy, I'll make the coffee, I'll get the paper, what would you like with your coffee? Or would you prefer tea?
Yeah. Edward Louis Sclier was a good man.
And I won't never forget it.
Anyway, as I brush a tear from my eye, from all of us here 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be, we wish you an abundantly JOY-filled day.
And oh yes, one more thing. Remember. We're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.