Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ed Edward Eddy


Happy Saturday Widows!
Joy to you and me.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
I don't know who said it first, but it's my mantra, the one I repeat to myself each morning, as I drag myself out my bed.
Some days, admittedly, getting out of bed is more difficult than others. That's because visions of Edward Louis Sclier are always there, here, imbedded deep inside my head.
Like the picture posted, look at me long enough, I begin to morph into different things. But somehow I stay the same.
It is 2 years, 10 months, 10 days since Edward Louis Sclier died.
When I stop and think about it, I can't hardly believe it. I must look at my watch, a calendar. I must check the date, the year. In my mind's eye time without Edward Sclier at my side is a blip on the radar screen of my life.
I have learned though time marches on, for a widow, it somehow stands still.
Have a joy-filled day Widows. And just a friendly reminder:
After we remember Him, don't forget to turn your clocks back tomorrow evening before you turn out the light for the night.
And remember, we're not alone.
Sending long distance hugs and kisses to Edward Louis Sclier wherever you are!
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.