Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Take a Tip From Me


Today is Wednesday, March 28, 2007.
Izzy snores loudly, I see the tip of his snoot peek out from under a corner of the covers *Yes, I type in bed* as I tap the keyboard of the laptop. Today is a brand new sunshiny day.
Hooray for spring!
Last night I did the Meetup thing. Ever do the Meetup thing?
Anyway, last night I ventured out from the security of my own private space, and met up with a handful of people at a local restaurant. We sat around, ate a meal, and afterwards played a game--Something like pictionary, think teams of 6, pick a card, draw the image on an eraseable white board, get your team to guess what it is you read on the card.
My team lost. Oh well. But we had great fun losing. It was 11 o'clock by the time the game ended and I hated to leave.
I learned a new game, a new restaurant, and I made quite a few new friends. Most important, it got me out among the living.
I know it isn't easy living without Him. Nothing I can say will change that. But if you're thinking where do I go? How do I meet people? I recommend http://www.meetup.com
Like Mom always said when I wouldn't eat my stringbeans, "Try it. You'll like it."
Have a joy-filled day Widows. And remember we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.