Sunday, April 29, 2007

Good Mourning, Widows


Q: How much do I love you?
A: This much!
It's Sunday. Praise Heaven. I'd tell you what the weather is 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be, but I'd bore you silly. The sky is covered in elephant clouds. It looks like rain. Again.
My small dog, Izzy, is busy gadding about the house *gadding is what Izzy does whenever he wants to go out the house*. I can tell by the tip tap tapping of his claws on the hardwood floors - a hurried signal he can't wait - much longer.
His little cat, Tux, is nowhere in sight.
Poor Tux. Word is out he's a bird killer.
The mourning dove duo living in a nest outside my bedroom window have flown away.
I don't know whether to feel grateful for the early morning silence, or disappointed I won't get to view a clutch of hatched eggs with Mama Mourner feeding them squiggly worms.
Alas, the aroma of fresh brewed coffee wafts through the air. And looky cookie, is that sunlight peeking through a cloud?
Okay, Izzy, I'm on my way.
Have an abundantly joy-filled day, Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.