Saturday, April 28, 2007

I have a dream...

Last night I had a dream.

I dreamed I met a man.

And I liked him. I really liked him.

I liked the warmth of his hand in mine, the scent of his beard, the sound of his voice, and the way he scarfed down a plate of chicken chili. I even liked the way he adjusted his two hearing aids to hear what I had to say.

My dream man wasn't tall or short, rich, or famous. He was simply a man with a delicious smile, who liked to dance.

But something unexpected happened in my dream.

As if swatted by an evil magician's wand, I grew fangs and horns; my simple outfit turned into a silly slutty thing. And in the twirl of a dance, I went from Archie's loveable Betty, to Sally Fields' Sybil.

I spewed nonsense, and yakked incessantly idiotic things.

Sadly, my dream man vanished right before my eyes.

Of course it was just a dream.

But after I awakened and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, I asked myself the important question a widow asks, how do I get in the groove thing and begin my new life?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...I think laughter helps. I think laughter is one of the great enablers.

    Do you have many opportunities to laugh a genuine, uninhibited laugh? A laugh like the ones of yesteryear? If so, with whom are the laughs shared? Who causes the laugh?

    Laughter can help you to feel alive and when you feel alive you look like you're alive and when you look like you're alive you are visible and when you're visible to others, you begin to feel less invisible to yourself and when you feel less invisible something inside you begins to wake up and take notice and glow and pulse and...

    You don't get into the groove thing, the groove thing gets into you.

    If you don't have them already, find those with whom you can laugh. Laughter will enable the groove thing to get into you.

    That's what I think.

    ...There's nothing more that I'd like to do than take the floor and dance with you. Keep dancin', let's keep dancin'. Shake your groove thing, shake your groove thing, yeah, yeah, show 'em how we do it now...

    You've learned a great deal these just shy of three years. You've shown fortitude and diligence. You've been the keeper of the flame.

    Later this year, Linda, it will be six years for me. I've learned a lot too.

    I think it's time we put what we've learned to use. What do you think?

    Good to read you again. As always, I enjoyed your thoughts and the words you chose to express theme.

    I hope you are well. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday.
    Branch

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.