Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Mourning Joy - An Open Letter


Not long ago I visited Daly School in Red Hook, Brooklyn. I was working with disadvantaged kids, missing Ed, doing the volunteer thing.
Scripted on life-sized sheets of oak tag and taped to a gymnasium wall for everyone to see were ten principles for a child to grow on.
Though written for children, I recall standing their reading each message and thinking how relevant the words are to me, a widow.
This bright spring morning 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be I share Principle Two.
Perhaps it will inspire you as it did me to write something, anything, the way I just did.
Have a joy-filled day Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L
P.S. Best wishes to M. Thanks for writing. Thanks for caring. Thanks for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.