Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


Today is Mother's Day.
As I sit and peck the keys of my laptop computer in my sun-filled home office on this day dedicated to me and you, I remember another time, another Happy Mother's Day...
There is no card on my pillow this bright morning 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be, no waffles smothered in maple syrup served on a breakfast tray in bed, no left-over milk-egg batter for my small dog, Izzy and his little cat, Tux to lap up.
Today, there's just you and me, and the tippy-tap-tap writing music one makes when communicating through cyberspace.
Here's wishing all mothers everywhere, from this widow woman, to you, may you have a joy-filled Happy Mother's Day...
I'll be thinking of you today and wishing you heavenly joy.
And one more thing, just remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.