Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hello Friends...



"'You gotta have friends..." --Bette Midler
Good Mourning, Widows. Joy to you and me.
Yesterday I zipped off a fast blog note thanking my new friends for helping me when I needed help most, which is most every single solitary day. These are people I've met along my yellow brick road of grief, people I've never met personally, as in I see you, you see me, but real honest to goodness individuals who chat with me daily on the internet and take time from their busy schedule to share. And anyway, I *oops* forgot yesterday to mention Sondra Kornblatt, a writer friend I met after the death of Edward, my husband. Sondra zips in everytime I need help, with the correct answer to some dumb question I probably could figure out by myself if I weren't so what I call, "numb and dumb," the ailment that shadows us widows after we bury "Him" for what seems like years.
Anyway, yesterday I was working on cleaning out the 187 emails accumulated in my ebox when I came upon one that required attention and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.
Voila.
Magically Sondra Kornblatt appeared. With the right answer.
Thank you, Sondra. I didn't forget you. I just forgot, temporarily, of course.
It is said that when one door closes, another door opens. I'd like to add an additional line
--And in walks a friend.
In my case, when that dang door of mine closed, in walked a sea of friends. From my heart to yours, hey, Sondra. Thanks for being my friend.
Thanks, Everyone!
:)L

1 comment:

  1. Aw gosh, Linda. You're so sweet and such a good cook, too. I look forward to your emails and how you brighten my day!

    Hugs,
    Sondra

    ReplyDelete

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.