Friday, May 04, 2007

Josephine Fraser (Mrs. Walter Schirra, Jr.)


“I’m having a ball up here drifting.” --Walter M. Schirra, Jr. from Mercury 7 spacecraft.
Good Mourning, Widows.
Joy to you and me.
Today we welcome famous widow, Josephine Fraser, wife of famous astronaut, Walter Schirra, to our joy-ous club, the club that nobody wants to joy-n, that takes no volunteers.
Walter Schirra died May 3, 2007. He was 84 years old.
Mourning Joy-ke:
"Dear," said the wife.
"What would you do if I died?"
"Why, dear, I would be extremely upset," said the husband. "Why do you ask such a question?"
"Would you remarry?" persevered the wife.
"No, of couse not, dear" said the husband.
"Don't you like being married?" said the wife.
"Of course I do, dear" he said.
"Then why wouldn't you remarry?"
"All right," said the husband, "I'd remarry."
"You would?" said the wife, looking vaguely hurt.
"Yes" said the husband.
"Would you sleep with her in our bed?" said the wife after a long pause.
"Well yes, I suppose I would." replied the husband.
"I see," said the wife indignantly. "And would you let her wear my old clothes?"
"I suppose, if she wanted to" said the husband.
"Really," said the wife icily. "And would you take down the pictures of me and replace them with pictures of her?"
"Yes . . . I think that would be the correct thing to do."
"Is that so?" said the wife, leaping to her feet. "And I suppose you'd let her play with my golf clubs, too?"
"Of course not, dear," said the husband. "She's left-handed."
Mourning Quote:
"On a cool fall day in 1996, I was sifting through some documents on the great racehorse Seabiscuit when I discovered Red Pollard, the horse's jockey. I saw him first in a photograph, curled over Seabiscuit's neck. Looking out at me from the summer of 1938, he had wistful eyes and a face as rough as walnut bark." --Laura Hillenbrand
After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen. Read today's mourning quote. Set the timer for ten. Choose a topic: Write about a cool fall day in 1996; how about sifting through some documents, whose wistful eyes peep out at you in a favorite photograph?
Go ahead. Write something. I dare you.
Have an abundantly joy-filled day, Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.