Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007


God Bless
Sharon Bryant

I remember the stories
That I used to hear
Of far away lands
Where there was fear

I recall the photos
Kept in a box
That I found one day
I was so shocked

Questions asked
By a child
Unanswered by those
"I'll tell you in a while"

My own life later
Married to a man
Who served this country
More stories began

The hardships on the home front
Living in fear
Afraid of a telegram
"We have bad news, my dear"

I think that so many
Do not truly realize
The meaning of Memorial Day
And what was sacrificed

We gather with family
On this day
A day off from work
All fun and play

I think about those
Who gave their all
Who never came home
For many did fall

Tomorrow for a moment
Take a moment and pray
For all our veterans
And those serving today

God Bless each and everyone of you that have served your country.
God Bless all of our troops serving now

Sharon Bryant
1946@bellsouth.net
"Operation We Care"
http://www.dk-ink.com/operation_we_care.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.