Friday, May 11, 2007

Nadia Cohen (Mrs. Eli Cohen)


"Translation of the Original Letter Before His Death:

To My Dear Wife Nadia, and My Dear Parent,

I am writing to you these last worlds, a few minutes before my end, and I would like to beg you to be in a good relationship forever.
I request you dear Nadia to pardon me and take care of yourself and our children. Look after them thoroughly, bring them up and give them a complete education, don't deprive them or yourself of any thing.
Please be always in close communication with my dear Parent.
You can get remarried in order not to deprive the children of a father. You have the full liberty to do so. I am begging you my dear Nadia not to spend your time in weeping about some thing already passed.
Concentrate on yourself, looking forward for a better future!
I am sending my last kisses to you and to the children: Sophie. Irit, and Shaoul, also to all my family, especially to my mother, my sister, Odette and her family, Maurice and his family, Ezra and his family, Sara and her family, Zion and his family, Alfred (Efrayim) and his family and at the end to Bero (Abraham).
Don't forget also your dear family; give them my best regards.
Don't forget to pray for the soul of my late Father and of mine.
Receive all of you my last kisses and blessing.
Eli Cohen 15/5/1965"
Welcome famous widow, Nadia Cohen, wife of famous Israeli spy, Eli Cohen, to our joy-ous club.
That's right, Widows, the club nobody wants to joy-n. Ever.
"On May 18, 1965, the government of Syria executed Eli Cohen despite protests from world leaders and Israel."
Nadia and Eli were married in August 1959.
"Eli Cohen's family continues to petition President Dr. Bashar el Assad of Syria to return Eli's remains to Israel. For over 38 years the Cohen family have not been able to visit Eli's graveside or say Kaddish, the Jewish prayer of mourning."
Mourning Joy:
Q: Why did the monster cross the road.
A: It was the chicken's day off.
Mourning Quote:
"I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. -- Edward Everett Hale
After we remember Him, fingerhug your pen. Write something.
The topic is someting; nothing; everthing; what you can do.
Go ahead.
I dare you.
Have a joy-filled day, Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.