Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Thursday...Tips on Making Money...Tips on Making Friends


Good Mourning, Widows.
Joy to you me.
It's a gray day 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center use to be, CNN reports there's a cow in a swimming pool, Scooter Libby goes to court to try to delay a prison sentence, investigators pursue a new tip in the missing girl case in Portugal, and why did a woman in a hospital emergency room die surrounded by nurses, doctors, and attendants?
As I sit gazing out my home office window at a sky the color of an elephant's ear, my fingers tip-tapping a laptop keyboard, listening to TV to the right of my desk, I am reminded of a famous image from a famous movie, the one of men and women across the nation, hanging out their windows, screaming, "I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!"
I don't have any tips on how to make money. Sorry.
But I do have one tip on how to make a friend. Simple. Be one.
Be there for someone. Lend a helping hand. Stand up, stand out from the crowd. Do it for the other person. Do it for yourself. Do it for Him. Just do it. I dare you.
One never knows what the future holds. It could be you staring a cow in the eyes in your yard, you wondering where your loved one is, you marching to court hanging your head low giving emotional support to your loved one...Hey, you never know.
I can't change the world, would that I could. Today, I just work at changing me.
Have an abundantly joy-filled day, Widows. And remember, we're not alone.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.