Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday, Tuesday


"...Somewhere over the rainbow..." --Judy Garland
My favorite book in the whole wide world is The Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum. My favorite movie, the same name.
Every year, for long as I can remember, like a potted geranium, I plant myself in front of the TV set and watch that movie. For whatever reason, I never tire of seeing that flying house tumble from the sky, crash into earth, and a brown-eyed girl emerge, shaken, but unscathed, cuddling her small dog, step foot into her different world.
Hooray! And the adventure begins.
It is 3 years, 1 month, 26 days since Edward Sclier died. Like Dorothy Gale, I dust myself off, cuddle my small dog, Izzy, and ease on down the yellow brick road, one baby step at a time.
Like Dorothy, I got a wicked witch that haunts me, a few flying monkeys swirling over my head, and there's even a munchkin that steps out of line from time to time in my different world.
For me, every day is a new adventure.
I meet nice people. I make new friends--Just like you.
Do I miss Ed? You betcha!
But, as I sit gazing into the heavens, dreaming of rainbows and Him, I am reminded of life's valuable lesson--when you lose a spouse, life goes on.
And so do I.
Now where did I put that oil can?
And that's the way it is 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center use to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.