Saturday, July 07, 2007

Memories




There use to be 3 of us traveling the hills and dales 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center use to be--me, Ed, and Izzy. As you can see by the photo, now, it's just Izzy and me.

It is 3 years, 2 months, 7 days since Ed Sclier died. For a long time memories from a golden marriage looped my brain. At first, it was difficult to breathe much less focus. But, in time, after awhile, later than sooner, I discovered, taking one baby step at a time, how to move forward with the rest of my life--without Him by my side.

Recently I hiked up Anthony's Nose *yes, that's the real name of the mountain, and it's great if you don't pick it*. I took Izzy.
Izzy and I had a great time.
It was a new day.
I did a new thing.
I created a new memory.

Looking back on that sunny day overlooking the Hudson River and Bear Mountain Bridge, I realize I made a new memory.

Ahhh, mourning joy.

Have a joy-filled day, Widows. And remember, we're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.