Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Sunday - Ahhhh, Mourning Joy


#30 Sunscreen. Check.
Rubber soled sandals. Check.
Sun hat. Check.
Something to read. Check.
Something to write on. Check.
Fast writing pen. Check.
Good Mourning, Widows. Joy to you and me.
It is 3 years, 2 months, 8 days since Ed Sclier died. But who's counting?
As you can see by the list of things checked above, I'm preparing for a day trip. We're headed to the lake, Izzy and me. We've been invited. We're going for a boat ride.
One look at the turquoise sky, the red hot sun...what can I say?
I said, "Yes, of course!"
No time to dally.

It's a new day.
Time to make a new memory.
After I remember Him, of course.
Ahhhh, mourning joy!
What about you? What new plans have you made this new today?
What are you waiting for? Get busy. I dare you.
Have an abundantly, joy-filled day, Widows. Remember, we're not alone.
And that's the way it is this new day, 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center use to be.
:)L

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have permission to email Linda Della Donna at grief case net (all one word) (the) @ (sign) gmail.com with your grief comments/questions. Responses to your grief questions will appear here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.